Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blind Date


"Hey Jim. I'm Sharon. It's really really nice to meet you. Wow, Gail didn't tell me you were a FOX! I mean, well you know what I mean. Gail DID tell me you were a big Woody Allen fan and I just LOVE Diane Keaton, and I don't have that cute hat she did in Annie Hall but I thought this would work because I just want to impress you. Are you impressed? I hope so. My aunt Kitty made it. It's all hand-crocheted. I wish I knew crafts. I can barely figure out how to tie my shoes sometimes. My sister got all the craft genes in the family. She makes these angel dolls for people in the home, and they're real cute, she changes their hair and stuff, and she quilts handbags and I just know someday she'll be on QVC selling them, she's so talented. So where are we going tonight? I have been looking forward to going on our date tonight. Am I dressed too casual? Is there going to be dancing? I just want to let you know that I'm a lightweight. One drink usually does it, by two I'm dancing with the old lampshade on my head!"

No comments: