Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Red Sky In Morning, Sailor's Warning.


Captain's Log, 30 August.

It has been 24 Days since my Ship landed at Gitanama Island, a Land inhabited by a redheaded Race known as the Gitanans. They are kind, but their primitive Mannerisms seem odd to the unfamiliar Tourist. One of them, who seemed to be a Person of Quality, carried a Box of Mister Bubble™ and chattered incessantly, whereof I understood not one Syllable. But I should have mentioned, that before the principal Person began his Oration, he cried out three times, "EAT YOUR BABIES": (these Words and the former were afterwards repeated and explained to me). Whereupon immediately about two other Inhabitants came, and made faces at the left side of my Head, which gave me the Liberty of turning it to the right, and of observing the Mister Bubble™ box and Gesture of him that was to speak. He appeared to be young, and taller than any of the other two who attended him, whereof one was a Page that held up his Feather Boa, and seemed to be somewhat subdued; the other one waved a Rose. He acted every part of an Orator, and I could observe many periods of Threatnings, and others of Promises, Pity and Puppets. I answered in a few Words, but in the most angry Manner, angry at the Savages, and being almost famished with Hunger, having not eaten a Morsel for some Hours before I left the Ship, I found the Demands of Nature so strong upon me, that I could not forbear showing my Impatience (perhaps against the strict Rules of Decency) by putting my Finger frequently on my Mouth, to signify that I wanted Food.


The Savages have fed me well on a Diet primarily comprised of crushed Beetles and Leaves.

At first they were kind to me and my Ways. But it was not for long. In the evenings the Natives would gather for their Meetings, inhaling a smoked Herb known to them as kéemaart. It would make these Savages delirious and Incognizant..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I approve this message.

Anonymous said...

What...the...hell?? O_O