Thursday, June 26, 2008

I was only trying to order dinner...

All I wanted to do was find a menu online to order some local quasi-Mediterranean cuisine. First, when I enter the name of the restaurant followed by .com (big mistake), I'm greeted by a pair of spread-open buttocks, all while my girlfriend's parents watch over my shoulder. Appetizing! OK, Google time. I should have appended "pitagrill" to the name, and then I'd have been OK. Once I get there, I find that they offer a dish known as "Foul Fava Beans" (Figure 1).



Fig. 1: "Foul Fava Beans."

Continuing further, I found myself compelled to research the site's creator, who proudly declares "under Copyright Protection built by Ray" at the footer of each page. He was also kind enough to provide a mailto: link which led me to his personal site. Here's what one finds on the home page:

For those who don't know Steffie has asked me for a Divorce. I am sick and heart broken. Words are not enough to describe just how I feel. There seems to be nothing I can do to change her mind, she has a plan and it's not with me? So, I have to move on. I love Steffie more then she will ever know.
We met in Jan 1996 in Dubai & married in March. We've been together ever since. It's been a wonderful 12 plus years. There has not been a day go by that I didn't think about her and ask myself what can I do to make her day better? Now, I am at this Huge loss. I feel this large hole in my heart! It will take some time for me to move on.
On June 27th they will drop off a POD for me to load my things into then they can truck them back to Michigan. My plan today is to fly out on July 8th and from that time on I am not sure what's what?
I will move in with Mom and help her with everything there.
Well, I have to tell you, I am very sad to be writing this note.... I am so sad even still to this day...
More later and thanks.. Ray

Ray, this post goes out to you.

2 comments:

Celia Pleete said...

Good lord! Ray, I feel your pain. Must be hard to find love in Dubai.

Anonymous said...

That fava bean meal looks like something a dog vomited up after gorging itself on roadkill. X_X