Saturday, June 21, 2008

Click Clickkk...Water...Thirsty...Dyyyyiingggg


I only have one plant in my house. I don't even know what kind of plant it is, but it blooms purple flowers periodically. A friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday and I didn't bother to ask her what it was. All she told me was "water it often and make sure it gets sunlight." You'd think this was easy peasy, but honestly, if it doesn't bark, meow, scratch furiously, rattle its hay cage, or ask for food outright, I completely forget it's even there.
Then I saw this thing, and I thought to myself, now that's creepy. It appears to be a combination of one of those plant microphones that Nixon had bugged in his office, and possibly something you might order from the Xandria catalogue. Best of all, it tells you when it's thirsty. Previously, I only knew when to water plants when I had to pick off all those dead leaves and dump it in the trash. Thank god for modern technology.

No comments: